Thursday, June 14, 2012

Poetry Friday Call for Roundup Hosts




It's that time again. Six months have passed since last we queued up to host the Poetry Friday roundups.

If you'd like to host a roundup between July and December 2012, leave your choice(s) of date(s) in the comments. I'll update throughout the day to make it easier to see which dates have been claimed.

Who can do the Poetry Friday roundup? Anyone who is willing to gather the links in some way, shape or form (Mr. Linky, "old school" in the comments-->annotated in the post, Jog the Web, or ???) on the Friday of your choice. If you are new to the Poetry Friday community, jump right in! If you've never participated, but you'd like to get started, choose a date later on so that we can spend some time getting to know each other.

What is the Poetry Friday roundup? A gathering of links to posts featuring original or shared poems, or reviews of poetry books. A carnival of poetry posts.

How do you do a Poetry Friday roundup? If you're not sure, stick around for a couple of weeks and watch...and learn! One thing we're finding out is that folks who schedule their posts, or who live in a different time zone than you, appreciate it when the roundup post goes live sometime on Thursday. (I'm rounding up today, so that post will appear this afternoon. Stay tuned.)

How do I get the code for the PF Roundup Schedule for the sidebar of my blog? I'll post it in the files on the Kidlitosphere Yahoo group, and I'd be happy to send it to you if you leave me your email address. Speaking of the the Kidlitosphere Yahoo group, I'll set up reminders on the calendar there. Plus, I'll send the schedule to Pam to put on the Kidlitosphere Central webpage.

Why would I do a Poetry Friday Roundup? Community, community, community. It's like hosting a poetry party on your blog! 

And now for the where and when:

July
13 Jone at Check it Out
20 Tara at A Teaching Life
27 Bibliophile at Life is Better With Books

August
17 Andi at A Wrung Sponge
24 Dori at Dori Reads
31 Sylvia at Poetry For Children

September
14 Diane at Random Noodling
21 Renee at No Water River
28 Marjorie at Paper Tigers

October 
12 Amy at The Poem Farm
19 Irene at Live Your Poem...
26 Linda at TeacherDance

November
2 Donna at Mainely Write
16 Anastasia at Booktalking
23 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading

December
7 Robyn at Read, Write, Howl
28 Carol at Carol's Corner





30 comments:

  1. I'll do it December 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Lee. I would like Oct. 26th-near Halloween! Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary Lee. I'd love to host Aug. 31, if possible. Thanks for coordinating this! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to have July 27th please. I've never done this before so you'll have to be kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go for Thanksgiving Friday, Nov. 22.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. Thanksgiving is the 22nd. I'll take Friday the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take November 9th, but happy to host other/additional days too if needed. -Ed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can do Dec. 7. Let me know if you end up needing folks to take on an additional date.
    Thanks for coordinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never hosted before but I'd love to be on the roster. August 10th is my date of choice. I'll host at my poetry blog Violet Nesdoly/Poems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary Lee - how bout Oct. 19 for me! Thanks, as ever. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't mind hosting August 3.

    ReplyDelete
  12. July 13 will work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take September 21 (and any other date if you have leftovers). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary Lee! I'll take July 6th, if you'd like (and, like Renee, I'll take an extra if you need more hosts).

    ReplyDelete
  15. July 20th. would work for me...and I can do an extra one if needed too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll take 28 September for PaperTigers please. Thanks for organising the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll put in for September 14. I'll check the calendar at work, but right now it looks okay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:46 AM

    I'll take Oct 5. I could do a first half of November one, too, if you end up with spaces you need to fill. Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll take Sept. 7th at Write. Sketch. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll jump in for July 6...I know it's right away, but I think it will work fine.
    At Mainely Write.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll take August 24. Could do December 14, too, if you need me to.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:42 AM

    I can host November 16 at Booktalking http://asuen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay...how 'bout Sept 21? I didn't notice someone had spoken for July 6.
    Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
  24. November 2!!!!! I can't keep up with what's taken! Mainely Write....I'm pretty sure this one is still open! AAARRRRGGG! I'll take anything now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Sorry I didn't keep the calendar updated well enough in the post so that it was easy to figure out which dates were taken and which were still open. I kind of created a cluster ** for myself today by hosting at the same time I'm gathering hosts for the next six months. I thought about starting the calendar last week, but it seemed to early. Wish I would have now. Oh, well. Live and learn.

      Delete
  25. I'll take August 17 or anything else you have still open. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. If November 30th is still available I'd love to try for it! I have been off the grid a few days so no worries if it is taken. Fun, thanks for coordinating such a great community.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will take October 12 if it's still open! Thank you, Mary Lee, organizer extraordinaire! xo, a.

    ReplyDelete
  28. December 14th? Thanks, ML.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Last to the party! I knew I'd missed something important. December 21 it is, the Winter Solstice edition.

    Unless I'm too late for that too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.