Friday, December 31, 2010

Poetry Friday and December Mosaic

























IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE

Blink
I'm 50
Blink
My 4th/5th grade student is 21

Blink
The towers are built, the cookies are decorated
Blink
Towers and cookies are destroyed, eaten, forgotten

Blink
The sun makes a certain light across snow, through trees
Blink
Another day is here

Blink
Keep looking, keep seeing, keep wondering
Blink
The wonders of the world await your watchful eyes


My 365 Photos for 2010 are here.


The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Carol's Corner today.


If you are a member of the Kidlitosphere Yahoo Group, the html code for a Jan-June Poetry Friday Roundup Hosts gadget in your sidebar is in the "files" area. If you aren't a member or can't find it, just drop me a line (mlhahn at earthlink dot net) and I'll send it to you.

4 comments:

  1. Love the poem! It truly is a "blink" since we met 24 years ago. How much you've enriched my life through the years. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lee,
    Thanks for this important reminder to notice. I especially love the lines, "Blink, The sun makes a certain light across snow, through trees." And as always, I love your photographs-- that's one of my goals for the new year! Wishing you richest blessings in 2011.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the last lines, too.

    Blink, and look at all the books you've read. I enjoyed reading your bookaday responses.

    Happy new year, Mary Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary Lee. We have a few cookies left, but the holidays do seem to be gone in a blink. I spent a few days with my 3-y-o niece and wondered when my own children got so grown up (11 and 14). All the more reason to pay attention through poems. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.