Monday, December 27, 2010

#bookaday -- Mary Lee's Pile #4

Keeper
by Kathi Appelt
Atheneum, 2010
review copy provided by the publisher

I want to reread this book right now.

How'd she do that? How did she layer the story like onionskin paper? Weave the story like pink ribbons? Make me care so deeply about Keeper and her people and her animals? Make me keep turning the pages of a train wreck of a story? Make me believe in mermaids? (I believe, I believe, whatever it takes to save Keeper and BD and to unite Signe and Dogie, whatever it takes to reunite Mr. Beauchamp and Jack, I BELIEVE!!!)



A review in threes by Travis at 100 Scope Notes (and links to other reviews).
An interview at The Brain Lair with Kathi Appelt that gives insight into the "props" in Keeper.

Today's #bookaday, for a total change of pace: THE WAR TO END ALL WARS. I think I'll follow it with FORGE on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Lee, you make me want to go read the book right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Keeper is one of my favorite books this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.