Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kidlitosphere Conference Meme

If you're still sitting on the fence, you've only got a couple of days to get your registration in for the 2009 Kidlitosphere Conference! Decide already! Come join the party!

I attended the first conference, but not last year's. I'll be there this year! YAY!!! Here's the attendee meme that Mother Reader started around:

Why did you decide to attend the Kidlitosphere Conference?
I wanted to be part of the "in" crowd and meet all the rock star bloggers! It also sounded daring and just a little bit risky to fly to Chicago to meet people in person who I knew only from their blogs.

Who was most like their blog? Who was least like their blog?
Go figure...EVERYONE was like their blog! We leak out so much personality when we write that this should not come as a surprise.

What surprised you at the conference?
How much fun it was. I'm not usually comfortable in a crowd of folks I don't know well, but it was truly like being with old friends.

What will you always remember about the conference?
Meeting Tricia of The Miss Rumphius Effect and Gregory K. of GottaBook, and making the contacts that resulted in presenting about blogging at NCTE with Jen Robinson, Liz Burns, and Susan Thomsen (and almost Kelly Herold, but work got in her way).

Did you blog about the conference?
Here and here.


Some other memes to check out (did I miss any?):

3 comments:

  1. This will be my first time, and I'm awfully excited. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're going to make it this year, ML. And that session that we did at NCTE has been a highlight of my blogging career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss that MEME? Man, am I behind the times. Like Charlotte, I am REALLY excited to be attending my first KidLitCon.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.