Tuesday, April 14, 2009

RED SINGS FROM THE TREETOPS by Joyce Sidman

The fun about shopping for books at a conference, is that I often find a book because some other teacher is buying it or reading it. That is what happened last weekend. I thought I was finished shopping for books. But then I noticed RED SINGS FROM THE TREETOPS in another shopper's hands. We chatted a bit about it, she told me why she loved it and had to have it, and then pointed me in the direction of the book.

This new book is by Joyce Sidman, one of my favorites since I read THIS IS JUST TO SAY. RED SINGS FROM THE TREETOPS: A YEAR IN COLORS is a totally different kind of a book. The book takes us through the colors of the seasons. The book is divided into 4 sections--one for each season. Each page focuses on a color of that season. For example:

Green is new
in spring. Shy.
Green peeks from buds,
trembles in the breeze.

See why I had to have it? Each line is perfect. Each page can stand alone. Or the book can be read from cover to cover going through the year.


5 comments:

  1. You guys continue to amaze and delight! Wow!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby I gotta have this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going on the list... here we go shopping again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Sings From Treetops is a remarkable book. I spied it in a bookstore a few weeks ago and after reading just a few pages, I know I had to have it. I love the way Sidman returns to the beginning for the ending.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.