Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What are Katie Ray and Brenda Power Reading?


From Brenda Power, author of LIVING THE QUESTIONS and Founder of Choice Literacy.

For fun - WHEN YOU ARE ENGULFED IN FLAMES by David Sedaris
It's a collection of his essays - I read many when they were originally published, but he's my favorite author so it's always a treat to see them collected in one place.

Professionally, I'm reading more business books than literacy education books this summer.

From Katie Wood Ray author of WONDROUS WORDS, STUDY DRIVEN, and ALREADY READY.



Funny you should ask... I'm headed out to the bookstore this morning to get THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE. I read a review of it and have heard a good bit of buzz about it and I want to take it on vacation with me next week. It fits into my own little reading club (as Kathy Collins calls them) stack of books about people and dogs that change their lives. As part of this reading journey, I've read A THREE DOG LIFE, MOSTLY BOB, A DOG YEAR, MARLEY AND ME (of course), and 10 SECRETS MY DOG TAUGHT ME. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Outside of this "canine" reading club, I recently finished a book Ralph [Fletcher] recommended to me, THE POST-BIRTHDAY WORLD (very interesting way this book is crafted), and I read TWILIGHT so I would know what all the teenagers are talking about. I also have a stack of new professional books I bought while at Lakota that I'm anxious to dig into but haven't started yet.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 AM

    I like your "What are ___________ & __________ reading?" Series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, for your canine book club you should read The Underneath by Kathi Appelt! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katie Wood Ray...she is an inspiration! so glad she is part of your series! job well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.