Thursday, January 10, 2008

Better Late Than Never?

You know by now that the Cybils Nominees have all been posted. My work on the Graphic Novels nominating committee is done. Franki is busy judging Poetry.

The Class of 2K8 is 28 authors strong. Check out their website and get psyched for the new publishing year!

The conversation about reading is hopping over at PBS Parents, where Jen Robinson is wearing the Expert Q&A hat. She has compiled an incredible resource of suggestions about helping struggling and/or reluctant readers.

Christopher Paul Curtis' Elijah of Buxton has won the 2008 Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction.

The Bedtime Sh'ma: A Good Night Book by Sarah Gershman and Kristina Swarner, The Entertainer and the Dybbuk by Sid Fleischman, and Strange Relations by Sonia Levitin have won the 2008 Sydney Taylor Book Awards.

Susan, at Chicken Spaghetti, has more news on recent book awards.

On Monday, I went to the bookstore with Sara Lewis Holmes, and when I checked back at her blog today, she was creating the bookstore of the future (boys' version). Go give her input.

Enough. Dinner is ready and my couch awaits me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the 2k8 mention! And all the other great links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the PBS mention! I'm very fortunate in my Kidlitosphere friends (including you, ML) who helped with the article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning 2k8! I'm looking forward to reading my classmates' books!

    M.P. Barker
    A DIFFICULT BOY
    Holiday House, April, 2008
    www.mpbarker.net
    www.classof2k8.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.